Monday, February 25, 2008

2D rough animation test





I finally started animating the 2D component of the film. This is pretty much a test to see how well I can match the 2D component to the 3D component in terms of movement. Originally I was going to drawn each frame according to the position of the 3D plane, but I found that it wasn't easy to make adjustments in posing and keys using that method, as I would have to pretty much straight-ahead animate the whole thing. So instead I decided to draw the character acting out her actions in an instanced animation clip, then match the clip to the movements of the 3D animation.

I might decide to instead put the 2D animation inside the 3D scene, thereby getting rid of the need to match movements altogether. I just need to figure out how to do animated textures in Maya, if that's the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home